I support Recovery too!!
Add your name to the list by donating $100 or more!
On June 5, 2017 Arizona's Governor, Doug Ducey, issued a statewide health emergency in response to the opioid epidemic. Addiction Haven thanks him for taking this necessary step to combating the rising death toll and increased use by our youth. As we have been working directly with youth, families, and providers for the past two years, it is of no surprise that addiction is at epidemic levels. Statistics show that 1 in 3 families are affected by addiction and those numbers are only increasing. Our youth are under increasing pressures to perform at high levels which is increasing the prevalence of depression, anxiety, self harm, eating disorders, and substance use. The only way to truly reverse this epidemic is to decrease the demand and address mental health issues. Youth in particular are vulnerable to addiction as their brains are wired to take risks while underestimating the effect those risks will have in their lives. Many programs currently focus on prevention and treatment however there is a large gap of services for the time in between first use and needing treatment. This stage is the most critical as 9 out of 10 people with substance use disorder started using as teenagers.
Nonprofits have an unique ability to fill gaps with innovative programs that will directly impact the trajectory of this epidemic. Addiction Haven believes in collaboration and working with organizations that are willing to think outside the box and address immediate needs of those who have “fallen thru the cracks”. A few of the programs we are currently beginning to implement are:
- Youth Peer support for Homeless/Foster youth that are impacted by their own substance use or that of their parents
- Peer Support for those who have suffered an overdose
- Community education on warning signs of substance use and the continuum of addiction
- Successful opening of Recovery Tract at Sun Valley High School
- Expanding youth support groups across Phoenix
All donations will directly affect the success of these programs. The money raised will be allocated as follows:
- Peer Support Recovery Specialists Training (10)- $13,000
- Project Manager- $25,000
- Events/Conferences- $3,000
- Liability Insurance- $3,500
- Website/Marketing- $1,500
It is our goal to provide all services and programs free of charge as the people who need it most are those without insurance or state aid. Addiction Haven is an IRS approved 501c3 and all donations are tax deductible.